Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Biscuits, Watermelon Juice, Salsa Verde


Buttermilk Biscuits


Watermelon Juice. I wish I had more jars, I would totally make more jam!



I'd been saving my tomatillas for a little over a week and finally had enough to make into salsa. I used (and midified a bit) this recipe from Stitch and Boots.
Ingredients:

5 1/2 cups husked, cored, and chopped tomatillos
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped jalapenos
1/2 cup white vinegar
4 tbsp lime juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt

Prepare canner, jars, and lids.
In a large stainless steel saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil over a medium high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
Ladle hot salsa into jars, leaving 1/2″ headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace if necessary by adding more hot salsa. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip tight.
Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered by at least 1″ of water. Bring to a boil and process both 8 ounce and pint jars for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment