Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Loaded Mashed Potatoes (baked)


These might not need a recipe... but they were so good I thought I would just put it out there.
I peeled and boiled a 5lb bag of michigan potatoes, just to tender and then mashed them by hand. To this I added a stick of butter, a pint of sour cream and 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. I also added turkey bacon that was cooked until very crispy and then cut into little pieces.
I put this into an oven safe bowl and covered it with foil and baked it at 375 for 20 minutes. Right before serving, I put it under the broiler for a few minutes until the tops of the potatoes started to brown.
Dinner was so good that the whole family was silent! That NEVER happens!!
I served this with turkey bacon layered meatloaf and green beans from our garden last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment