Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Peach Shortbread Bars


I made this recipe for Christmas too but that time I used blueberry jam. This time I wanted a real taste of summer since we're in the deep january freeze common to Michigan.

The shortbread dough is
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
4 sticks of butter
2 cups of sugar
4 egg yolks

Cream the butter, sugar and then eggs. Add dry ingredients until just mixed. Seperate into 2 rounds, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until hard (at least 2 hours).

Preheat over to 350

Line a 9x 13 pan with foil (this helps the bars pull out of the pan). Grate the frozen shortbread dough to cover bottom of pan. Spoon in your filling (I've been using freezer jam that I made over the summer). Grate more frozen shortbread on top.

Bake 50-60 minutes and then let cool on a wire rack. Use the foil to lift the bars out of the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment