Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

trail mix cookies

Megan and I were talking about oatmeal cookies tuesday night. And I'd been dreaming of them ever since. With the ten millionth rainy day in a row bringing us all down, I decided today we needed cookies.
I had to break with convention though, and try to make the recipe my own and so I came up with Trail Mix Cookies.

I used a very basic oatmeal cookie recipe and tweaked it a bit.
Trail Mix Cookies
1 and 1/2 sticks butter
1 3/4 cup flour (mix white and wheat)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar (Or you could switch the sugar amounts if you like brown more)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg plus 1 egg white
2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups trail mix
Cream the butter and sugars. Add half the flour, the baking powder and soda, salt, and cinnamon. Then add the eggs and the rest of the flour. Mix by hand to add the oats and the trail mix.
Drop on ungreased cookie sheets- bake 12-14 minutes at 375

The trail mix I used had raisins, dried cherries, almonds, walnuts and yogurt covered raisins.

1 comment:

  1. The cookies are great, but when you bring me tea and make cookies, it's like entrapment. I can't be expected to restrain myself.

    ReplyDelete