Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

biscuits and gravy


I've had a whole chicken in my freezer for a few months but have been afraid to cook it. I didn't know exactly what to do with it. I put it in the slow cooker this morning with onion, sage and thyme and let it cook all day. By 4 o'clock it was cooked- moist and falling off the bones. I made my usual gravy base (a rue with soy sauce and nutritional yeast) and added some of the chicken stock from the cooker. I pulled the chicken into little pieces and put that all into the gravy. Then I made a double batch of biscuits and we all ate until we were stuffed! Then we went for a long walk because we were just that full!


I'm hoping later I'll be ready for a leftover biscuit with dandelion jelly with my tea. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment