Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Candy Apple Bread Pudding

I had a loaf of Irish Brown Bread, a jar of Candy Apples, and an overflowing Egg Basket. I also had an insanely bad headache.


And thus Candy Apple Bread Pudding with Ice Cream was for dinner in our house tonight.


I cut the loaf of bread into inch pieces. And also cut the candied apples in similar sized pieces. I put these in a bowl with 1 cup of raisins and set aside.
In another bowl I wisked 10 eggs, 1 cup milk, the syrup from the apples, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. I poured this over the bread and apples and let it sink in. Then poured all that in a greased baking dish. I put a few pats of good Irish Butter on top.
I baked this at 400 for about 30-40 minutes.
Serve warm with Ice cream and have happy kids at dinner time! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment