Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

strawberry day!

I had planned to visit some family and run some errands today but the farm was calling me instead. So we packed up and went to pick strawberries today.
The kids were even more helpful this year. I would remind them how good strawberry freezer jam is on a cold february afternoon and that motivated them! We ended up having more than we could make into jam on one day!

It took me a few hours to clean and process them. It's a lot of standing in one spot but well worth it. Plus, I got to nibble as I worked.

Before we got too far into the jam I put a pie in the oven. We had this for dinner. The picture just doesn't do it justice. It was amazing. I made a shortbread crust and just cooked the berries with sugar and a little flour. Simple and delish.

Then my friend came over and we kicked out 23 jars of freezer jam! The color of the berries is beautiful this time of year. The jam is scarlet colored. Beautiful!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment