Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

cucumber tofu salad

It's true... I've had to loosen my apron strings again while I prepare for baby number 4! For the last few months, I've had morning sickness so bad that I haven't spent much time in the kitchen. But as summer is coming, and the fresh food is hitting the market, my appetite is coming back bit by bit. One thing I have really wanted to eat non-stop is cucumbers. I made a cucumber salad last week but I used a normal amount of onion which was just too much for me still at this point. And the flavors just weren't anything too exciting. Today though, I used those ideas with the old cucumber salad I've made many times and found a perfect combo! Dressing: 8 TBSP vinegar 2 TBSP sugar 1 tsp salt 4 TBSP EV Olive Oil Add to: One peeled cucumber, sliced 1 package firm tofu, cubed 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced 1/8 - 1/4 vadalia onion (you could use a whole onion but it is my strongest food aversion so I really just let it soak in the vinegar for some light flavor) Then add: 4 large basil leaves, chopped 8 chive stalks, chopped 4 TBSP chopped fresh dill

No comments:

Post a Comment