Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

savory bread pudding

I love to read recipes. I read a lot of recipe websites and last week it seemed like they all highlighted this same idea. I kept seeing a Leek Bread Pudding reciepe that looked amazing. My leeks are still baby sized so I knew I couldn't do that but the idea kept circulating in the back of my brain.

Today I was going to bake bread but realized I didn't have any more baking powder. I used the last of it making a loaf of brown bread that didn't get eaten before it got hard. I was going to feed it to the chickens, but instead I thought about making it into some kind of savory bread pudding. I broke the bread up, and added the milk and eggs and then sauted 2 small zucchinis and a bunch of herbs from the garden. I added this to the bread, milk and egg and baked it at 400 for 35 minutes.

It turned out quite beautiful. And it tastes even better! I was afraid to make it too herby but it actually could have had a bit more sage.
(pardon the Rex feet in the picture... He is living in my kitchen until Isaiah decides whether he's afraid of him or not)

No comments:

Post a Comment